Life has been a whirlwind at Epting Events these last few weeks but we’re finally ready to share stories from our trip to Music City for the 3rd installment of the wonderful Southern C Summit. It was no secret that we loved being involved with the event in Athens, so of course, we jumped at the chance to take part in the Nashville Summit. This time around, we prepared some of our delicious pralines using fresh pecans from our friends over at Schermer Pecans. Trust me when I say that Lee was a crowd favorite when he started talking about making pralines with a handful of Putt’s nuts! If you couldn’t make it out to Nashville, I encourage you to keep an eye out for the next Southern C Summit (Spring 2014 in Charleston, y’all!) and in the meantime, here are 5 takeaways from our time in Nashville.
- It’s never too early for sweet treats. After snacking on some sinful cinnamon biscuits from Callie’s, we started making several crowd-pleasing batches of pralines. Snacking was a trend throughout the day. We were lucky enough to sample some of the South’s finest, including caramels and chocolate from Olive & Sinclair’s, shrimp and grits from The Southern, a boxed lunch from Chef’s Market, and brisket sliders from Edley’s BBQ. There were also cookies from Grey Ghost Bakery and lemon bars from Husk. And don’t even get us started on the Goo Goo Cluster treats on the bus to the Southern Living Idea House!
- The South is chock full of real people who are ready and willing to share their real experiences. Every single presenter at the Southern C Summit was real and genuine and full of advice for anyone who wants to grow their business. Some of our personal presenter favorites were Amy Flurry of Recipe for Press and Libbie Summers from Salted and Styled! And of course, the Green Olive Media team was a huge hit, too!
- Swag Bags! We hope everyone enjoyed taking home a little piece of Epting Events just as much as we enjoyed the other exciting goodies that were in the bag.
- Watching an artist work is one of life’s greatest experiences. Have we mentioned how much we adore Katherine Sandoz? It was such a treat getting to sit next to her during the summit and see her sketch firsthand.
- The Southern Living Idea House. A HUGE thank you to Lindsay Bierman and the rest of the Southern Living crew for allowing us to tour the Southern Living Idea House at Fontanel. Each room was more beautifully decorated than the last and by the end of the night, we may have been asking ourselves if we could secretly move in without anyone noticing. If you find yourself in Nashville before the end of the year, be sure to drive out to Fontanel and visit the property!
None of this would have been possible without the ladies of the Southern Coterie Network and all of their hard work. We can’t wait to see what you have planned for 2014!
Pictures from Instagram